This turned out to be a very interesting exercise. The "dramatic" TeacherTube video just made me think that we still need some authority, some set principal to teach from. So what if college students read 8 books per year but read YouTube much, much more. Is that learning or merely listening to someone whose motives you don't know. How can sharing opinions teach when we need an anchor, a basis of truth from which to teach.
It is true that as librarians we need to adapt. Yes, I can see where our "collections" may get smaller--especially in the nonfiction section where one can find info and illustrations online that are more up-to-date than the books printed 3 yrs ago, which you ordered last year and are now on your shelves. Science is so dynamic!
I had wanted to learn more about how to use student presentations in the classroom and Mr. 2Cents Worth led me to the WebTools4U2Use site which I quickly tagged on Delicious and will be eager to get back to. Looks like some great ideas for student involvement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment