Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thing # 11

Libarything is a good tool for people with time on their hands. I tried adding 17 books that I wanted to share with my friends so they could borrow. I must have forgotten my library skills for I chose the entry that I came to first. After I checked several links, I discovered that I had entered paperbacks on most and all the books are hardbacks. I am in the process of fixing my list but Librarything is overloaded and I need to come back later. Well, now it is "later" and I still can't get on. Must be a popular sight.

This will be a fantastic tool to share church-related books with fellow members. I'm hoping to get some friends to sign up so I can see what I can borrow from them.
My students could use this to exchange books likes or dislikes.
Check out my collection at
http://www.librarything.com/catalog/bmw444





3 comments:

QueenB said...

I agree with your comments. This site will be great for students to read others comments.

DHall said...

I am using the site just to track my reading in general as well as for my book club and of course the The Name That Book Contest. I will miss our open lab session this week as I will be running around London town with my Flip video in one hand and my camera in the other. Have fun!

librarylion said...

This was one of my favorite sites because it seemed fairly easy to use and because it allows you to find other people who share your reading interests. It would probably be great for reading clubs. I think your idea for using it with your church friends is a good one.