Wednesday, June 11, 2008
"Thing" # 3
Wow, I have my own avatar. At age 63, the choices for realism in looks were quite limited. This has been fun and I can see how our students will enjoy this activity. Students need to express themselves. I can see where news in 2008 can be a 2-way street. For students to comment on a topic, they must read and analyze--use those higher level thinking skills. The thing that worries me is that they may see themselves and their thoughts and ideas as being the only "correct" thoughts. I have an set of ideals in behavior and thought that I compare my ideas to; too many kids today lack that anchor in their lives and learn only from their peers. This is scary!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am 62 and share your feelings about your avatar, which I like, by the way. I decided to base my avatar on my "inner" being instead!
Hey, wait a minute. 61. I am 61.
Post a Comment