Friday, June 20, 2008

Thing # 8

I joined Google Reader and added 6 blogs: 3 political, 2 librarian/technologist, and 1 Houstonist. This was a hard assignment but I don't know why. I somehow thought the blogs would come automatically to my gmail account. I did the work yesterday and this morning when I looked at my links, my oldest son's Google Reader was shared with me. I guess he set his up for sharing and even though I didn't want to share mine with anyone, maybe gmail contacts are automatically set up by his account. Am I making any sense? I added Google reader to my iGoogle page which now looks nice and full. I also thought I added iGoogle to my Google taskbar but it's not there.

I like the convenience of having these news sources and blogs together. It will save me time searching different sites--it's all gathered there for me.

My students can use this when they do research on scientific matters. They can gather their sources and check them regularly for any updates.

No comments: